Skip to main content

I am a great fan of the Lucid Chard Conditional Formatting and it is very useful but I have run into some problems. I am very happy that the if-else has been implemented.

1. I can import rules in mass from one page to another which is both good and bad. It means maintaining multiple sets of conditional rules. Having separate sets can be good for some pages. Having a global set of rules & then adding exceptions or overrides per page will be the best combination.

2. I am trying to set 2 or more formatting conditions for a set of rules but I am not able to do so. I have to write 2 rules for the same conditions to be able to set both the fill colour & an icon at the corner of the object

3. I have too many rules based on importation from several sheets and I get fill colours that I am not expecting and I am loath to start deleting rules. It would be great to pick an object and see which rules have been applied then I can go and fix that rule or remove it to adjust another rule.

4. I can import the rules from another page but I was trying to copy the rule set and paste it as text into an editor so that I can see what I actually have defined and see why I am getting colour fills that I am not expecting. How can I export my rule set as text to see what is defined?

Hi thank you for contributing to the Lucid Community! I’ve moved your post to our Lucid Suite Community space and someone will reach out to you shortly.

Hey Naipaul

Thank you for posting in the Lucid community 😎 I love these ideas and pain points that you have mentioned here concerning Conditional Formatting. We take our feature requests seriously and always enjoy hearing how we can make Lucid the best it can be for your workflow. I will ensure that these ideas make it to the correct team for their consideration. 

The one piece here that has already been filled is determining which rules have been applied to your shapes. You can see this by opening the conditional formatting menu and then clicking on the shape. This will show you "Applied to selection" and "Not applied to selected shapes." This should help you determine how you would like to move forward as you are deciding which rules to keep. 

Hope this helps and again thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve your workflow! Firm handshakes 🤝