Skip to main content

Today i watched a webinar on how to start on lucid chart and I tried to create a rule based on criteria to add a green dot to all process that contained (small) nothing happened how do I add a rule to add an icon base on conditions?

Hi @suleiry m thanks for posting! It sounds like you are trying to use the Conditional Formatting feature. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the rules you tried to create?

There are two options if you are trying to add the green icon based on text or data. One is 'Text' which is the text that is visible on a shape and 'Shape Data' which is the data associated with the shape. 

Below is an example of a rule using 'Text': 

To use 'Shape Data' you will need to assign data to your shape first. You can do this by selecting the shape you'd like to add data to and open the 'Contextual Panel' by clicking on the Icon found on the right of the editor (under your user Icon). From there click 'Data' and 'New Data Field'. 

Under 'Property 1' please add the text or data you would like to add to your shape. In this example I have added the text 'hello'. 

Once the above step is completed you can create a rule in Conditional Formatting to detect the shape data you have added. 

For more information on this feature I recommend taking a look at the Help Center article linked. 

I hope this helps. Please let me know if this is not what you are looking for or if you have any additional questions!