Skip to main content

Hello,

Does anyone know how I could apply conditional formatting to always detect for duplicate blocks in Lucid? I can highlight things manually when I don’t have a lot of data, but I would like to automate this as far as possible!

Hi @seher 

The feature for automatically detecting and highlighting duplicate blocks through conditional formatting is not available in form of in-built.

You can try other possibilities as listed below.

One approach is to assign unique identifiers to each block or shape, making it easier to identify duplicates.

Instead, if your blocks are linked to data, you can utilize a spreadsheet or data source with unique identifiers to detect duplicate entries.

For more advanced users, creating a custom script using Lucidchart's API can automate the process of scanning for duplicate blocks and applying specific formatting.

Lastly, for smaller diagrams, manual highlighting with conditional formatting can be a viable solution, although it requires more effort.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Good afternoon Seher,

That is a great question. I would like to assist you in figuring this out. Do you have an example of a duplicate you are wanting to highlight? Are you looking to highlight shapes with the same color, text, data, or any other definition of duplicate? Or are you looking only for when one shape happens to be identical to another, without knowing the parameters up front? If you are thinking of the latter, than I believe that @Humas1985 is right.