Skip to main content

Hello! 
I am making a concept map and cannot figure out how to insert text into the lines connecting my shapes. For example I want to put Idea - causes - Idea. 

Thank you!

Hi Tori

Thanks for reaching out to the Lucid community. To add text to a line double-click on the line to create a text box and start typing. Hope this helps!

I have an excel with many concepts and lines (like a tree structure).  Each line should have text on it that represents a priority integer of that node and is part of the data of the child node.  That is on a line between a child and a parent node there should be an integer displayed from data associated with the child.  I haven't found a way to set a default or any way to import my data to create the hierarchy such that each line has the text automatically added rather than having to go back later double click on each line (dozens to hundreds perhaps) to create a text then put in a property etc.   So question is can I set a default or some way to not have to add text to a line manually for an imported hierarchy or even after the initial creation of the hierarchy a way to have newly imported data show up visually on the lines?   

A second question is for importing external data that has a unique code is there a way to have newly imported data do an auto connect to the shapes based on the unique value?  Otherwise I have to drag and drop hundreds of lines of data on to the document's shapes.

Hi Ron

Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported. If you would like to suggest we add this functionality please let us know via our feature request form