Solved

Comments Disappeared?

Badge +1

I have a calendar build in Lucidchart that my colleagues and I review regularly in a meeting. Rather than making them wait and watch while I adjust the calendar, I make comments of the changes I need to make and then pick them up later. I am trying to edit the calendar today from comments I made two weeks ago and the comments are gone. I compared to a previous save of the document (I “save as” each iteration) and confirmed there were comments on the document a couple of months ago--now there are none.

This is a serious problem for me as we identified several changes to make and now I can’t make the changes.

icon

Best answer by Kelsey Gaag 13 May 2024, 18:48

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @SDIDIER

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Can you confirm that comments are on in your documents settings? If there is a previous version that has the comments you’d like and if you’re on a Team or Enterprise account you can restore that version by going to File > Show revision history > select version > Restore. 

Badge +1

Comments are on in the document settings.

Comments are completely gone in all prior versions. I know that there should be comments because (1) colleagues confirmed that I added new comments during that working meeting I alluded to before and (2) I created the document by “saving as” the prior document, in which comments are still preserved.

Could saving as introduce some kind of corruption to comments where they don’t show up?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @SDIDIER

I don’t believe that would interfere with comments. Can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.

Badge +1

Hey, thanks! Yep, support PIN below:

Wnq2kKrcCevi

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @SDIDIER

Thank you for providing that information. I am going to convert this post into a ticket so that we can take a deeper look into the issue. 

Badge +1

Hey, I have a ticket open. Just FYI.