Skip to main content
Solved

Combining Duplicate Job Titles in an Organizational Chart

• 16 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I have created an organizational chart. However, in this chart, we have many duplicate job titles. I would like to merge these into a single box. Is this possible? How can I do this? Hopefully, someone can help. Thank you in advance.

Comments

Badge +3

Hi @Nicolle!

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community!

Currently, it isn’t possible to have all of this information displayed in a single shape. However, there is a ‘Group View’ option for Org Charts that achieves a similar outcome by grouping by field. To group by field within your Org Chart: 

1. Hover your cursor over the org chart and select the dotted outline.
  2. In the org chart Context panel to the right, select the Layout tab.
  3. Expand the Visualization dropdown.
  4. Click Create Group View.
    how
  5. Choose the field from your dataset by which you want to group your organization.
    • Select any field with repeated values to create a group. Otherwise, if you select a value which is not repeated, only one contact will appear in that group.
    • If there are employee shapes which do not have a value for the field you selected, they will be grouped into a non-categorized group.
    • If you have added a filter to the org chart, you will be prompted to choose whether you want to apply the filter to the group or ignore the filter.

Here is some additional information for creating and formatting your Org Chart. Additionally, below I have attached an example of a group view in an Org Chart. Please let me know if you have any additional questions, I’m happy to help! 

AD_4nXe-pt8UNCkzVGUURK3vVnNGu-ErwuVd77-vRUm79KL6guEPfsOX49HwDouuZTSx6bOr882mBN2gvt-yGhv1j7luXrEVAlY8YjP1ul6N9W5zJNNaTSTi55EHaPHyP7I-l0MDz08RpuRNYaQ7-eqmtiucCfF2?key=c_QSwN-fi4korZd4rddy1g