Skip to main content

For the more architect minded user who absolutely loves Lucidchart I would like to suggest the following as I (maybe we) do not think like a UX/UI designer or programmer:

1. Paintbrush with format options to select.  If the paintbrush could be similar to photoshop touch one shape then change the others.  Initial command would would be to select what you want to change color shape line shape line color or shape color then start clicking away to change what you want.  A simple grab the brush select the option then click away.

2. Shape modify join.  Be able to use a pencil tool to snap a line and "join" (as in the AutoCAD function) to create a new shape quickly.  Think of making a file folder icon use a rectangle and "join" a tab drawn off the shape.  

3. Option to "Pin" or "Anchor" the tool bar when pulling out colors or other tools so they do not disappear.

I still give Lucid an A+ plus and enjoy using it.  Thanks.

Hi @brian a thanks for posting in the community and sharing that feedback! 

1. Lucidchart has a paint format option which can be found in the Formatting bar. This option is similar to what you have described where you can select the shape with the formatting you'd like to copy and 'paint' it onto other shapes. I have attached a GIF demonstrating this! 🖌️

2. While the feature you have described is not currently supported in Lucid. It is possible to create your own custom shapes in Lucidchart and save them into a custom shape library

3. Would you mind clarifying what you mean by tool bar? If you see the thumbtack icon in the top right of the tool box - for example the colour fill option you can click it to pin it to your canvas. This will keep that tool open as a window on the canvas allowing quick access if needed!

However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea(s) to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Please feel free to let me know if my suggestions above are not what you are looking for or if you have any additional questions! We love hearing about how everyone uses Lucid! ✨