Skip to main content

Hello

I have been perusing Lucid Chart videos and the support center but need a bit of help. I am a paid user and would like a colleague (who is not a member of Lucid Chart) to edit a org chart I created and be able to use the presentation mode.

Are they able to do this if I "share" the document with them and give them edit privileges? OR is this only available if they join my "team" account and I add them as a user?

Hi Katie thanks for posting in the Lucid community! So long as your collaborator:

1. also has a Lucidchart account (they can register here)
2. has permission to access the document (presentation mode is available in any tier even view-only)
3. is on a sufficient subscription tier to be able to work with the features in your document (presentation mode is only available to premium accounts)

then they will be able to access your org chart and utilize presentation mode. It is not necessary for them to be a part of your team account. For more information about what is available to each account type please view this Lucidchart Plans article and for more information on how to share a document please view this Collaborate and Share article. Let me know if you have additional questions below!

Thanks for sharing Micah. Based on the Lucidchart Plans article it looks like Presentation mode is available only in the paid tiers. Also since my document has more than 60 objects this means that my colleague would only be able to edit it if she purchased a paid plan as well. Is that a correct interpretation? Thanks for helping!

Hi Katie thanks for continuing this thread. You are correct - Presentation Mode and unlimited objects are both premium features that would require a paid plan. Please let me know if you have additional questions!