Skip to main content

I have saved a custom shape with text If I drag this shape onto my page the custom formatting (text size text position bold etc.) remains the same as when I saved the shape which is fine. When I click this shape in the library the text reverts back to a default format removing the custom text position bold and underline I've applied. These shapes will be eventually used by a large number of people so it's important the custom formats remain the same.

Hi there

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community!

Out of the 3 different ways of creating custome shapes in Lucidchart could you please clarify which you used? Are you able to share a screenshot of what your shape looks like?

I am not certain I understand what you mean when you write 'when I click this shape in the library'. When I click a shape in a shape library located on the left side bar of a document the shape is added to my canvas. Could you send a screenshot of what you see when you click on a shape which you described above?

The two shapes above were inserted from the same custom shape. the box on the left appeared after I found the shape on the left hand side library and clicked on it to insert it the shape on the right appeared after I dragged the same shape in the left hand side library onto my page. The text format on the right hand side is the one I would like the shape to be regardless of if I click or drag the shape.

Hope this helps

Hi Keval

Thanks for the additional information that is very clear!

I was not able to replicate this behaviour on my end with custom shapes I created which makes me believe the issue could be shape-specific document-specific or account-specific. I will convert this post into a support request so that I can ask for additional information which you would not be able to provide here. 

I will reach back out to you via email. Thanks for your patience!