Skip to main content

Dear all

I have created a flowchart with URLs behind several steps in the process. Upon clicking them the user should be taken to the URL. In the left bottom of Chrome it also shows the URL behind the item. When clicking it though it seems that the LC plugin is going into drag-drop mode. How can I have the links working upon clicking the item instead of having to include a note with all my diagrams that people must use right-click -> open in a new tab? I suppose this is a feature that should just work as designed without special workarounds? 

Hi Robin 

Thanks for posting in the community! When editing a flowchart a URL pasted in a shape or text box will move along with the shape it is pasted in rather than actively taking you to the linked address. However the links will work normally when your flowchart is in Presentation Mode. To view the chart in presentation mode you can click the 'Present' button at the top right corner of the editor. This will show you the completed flowchart and allow you to use the pasted URL address links as normal. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Chase

Although quite swift your reply does unfortunately not cover my question. I have used the function of creating a link behind an item (using the small chain symbol then selecting the option to link a URL) and after publishing my issue occurs. In the editor I can use CTRL + Shift + Click. However once back in Confluence nothing seems to work. Clicking the boxes in the process flowchart should trigger opening a confluence website where that particular step of the process is explained. I tested this before using my paid personal account with iframes and that worked. We'd need this to work in the onprem version as well.

Thanks for getting back to me asap.

Hi Chase

as if by magic now it works. Could it be that there is a delay of some sort in this?

Hi Robin

I'm glad to hear it's working for you! Often we'll find that many issues result from a browser setting or poor internet connection and can be solved by reloading the page or opening the tool in an incognito window. It sounds like that was most likely the cause of this issue. If you encounter the problem again please let me know!