Skip to main content
Question

ChatGPT Integration does not appear to support editing diagrams currently

• 28 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I have followed the instructions for using the ChatGPT integration, however the chatgpt never outputs an “Edit Flowchart in Lucid” link. The link it does provide results in a downloaded png file.

If I open up the Lucid ChatGPT plugin output and use the “editLink” instead of the png “imageLink”, it does go to the Lucid app but either reports an error or displays a blank LucidChart page.

Does the Lucid ChatGPT plugin need updating because of recent ChatGPT functionality changes?

Hi @Apolon,

Thanks for posting in the Community and sorry to read you’re experiencing issues with the Chat-GPT integration!

First, could you confirm that you are a premium GPT-4 user?

Could you also try generating a new diagram in a different browser as well as in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility.

Lastly, can you make sure that 3rd party cookies are enabled for your browser? This help article explains where to look depending on the browser you use.

If those steps don’t resolve the problem, can you please post a screenshot showing the link you say results in a downloadable PNG file as well as one showing the error(s) you mentioned?

Thanks!

Yes, I’m a premium gpt-4 user. I encountered different behaviour just with different approaches with the Chrome browser so left the experimentation at that. Results below:

Chrome: Espresso Making Flowchart - Didn’t provide Lucid edit link and didn’t show flowchart image.

Incognito Chrome: Espresso Machine Flowchart - Did provide Lucid edit link which worked but didn’t show flowchart image.

Chrome Clear Content Cache: Espresso Machine Coffee Flowchart - Did provide Lucid edit link which worked, provided flowchart image in original chatgpt session but not in the shared link. The original session and the shared link page screenshots are provided in sequence below:

Note that when clearing the cache in the last test, only the cached images and files were cleared.

Thank you, @Apolon.

Testing this on my end, I did not encounter the issues you reported so far.

From what you shared it seems that most of the issues were resolved (working editing link + flowchart image showing in your original ChatGPT session) by clearing your cached images and files in your browser. Do I understand this correctly?

In the meantime I will confirm what behaviour is to be expected when sharing your ChatGPT query.

Thanks for your patience!

The primary issues were resolved by clearing the cache or using incognito mode. However, I view this as an underlying fault where functional behaviour is changed just because of the state of the browser cache. The cache should only affect performance and freshness but not functionality.

A secondary issue was that the chat content was different between the original chat session and the shared chat link when I expected the only difference to be formatting and not text content.