Changing Timeline to Week Numbers

With Timelines and Gantt Charts in LucidChart, is there a way to change the time line intervals at the top of the chart from an actual date to a week number (Week 1, Week 2, etc) to show a generic timeline?

Hi @Dale, thanks for posting! Unfortunately, this sort of “generic” timeline without specific dates isn’t currently supported in Lucidspark. However, I certainly understand how this would be helpful and clarifying in certain planning scenarios, and your feedback is incredibly important to us! If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear additional details about your use case via this thread. I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

However, I do have a workaround to suggest in the meantime, which is using a Dynamic Table. Ordinarily, these tables are used for arranging objects via the attributes of your choice - for example, a tag or emoji that’s added to them. However, you can customize the labels to represent weeks (or your time block of choice). In my example below, I’ve added these as well as teams. 

From there, you can add cards, just as you would to a timeline, to plan your work.

I have a similar request, but it is slightly different.

Rather than using generic week numbers which are not connected to a fixed date, I’d like the option to show the data ranges using an ISO week number, much like Outlook and other calendar applications do.  For example, in 2024 the week of January 7-13 is “week 2”, while May 26-June 1 is “week 22”, Dec 22-28 is “week 52” and so on.

Thus, this is still using absolute dates on the timeline, but with the option of changing the format of the date displayed on the top of the timeline when using the “Weeks” view.

(Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this request, but I couldn’t find the related post in the Ideas/Product Feedback page.)

@Mike Hubbard Thanks for this additional detail - I understand how that ability would be complementary to what Dale described. And, you’ve found the right place - this is the idea! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.