Skip to main content

I have been using data linking with Google sheets for years and have loved it. However recently I noticed what I think is a change.  In the past I would create a UID column in the google sheet and populate this with unique numbers. I would then select this column in the linked spreadsheet as the Reference Key so that each line of data in the imported copy of the sheet would retain the link back to the original google sheet.  Changes in the google sheet would show up in the Lucid Diagram.  

Now it appears that when I insert a new row in google sheets the linking jumps down by the same number of inserted rows.  I.e. All of my in-diagram entities now show the wrong data points. 

Also I am now unable to change the Reference Key Column in the linked data table in lucid. 

Did something change to how lines are linked to google sheets?

Hi John

Thank you for reaching out to the community! 

If I am understanding you correctly it sounds like the additional row has changed the values in the UID column by shifting them to new cells. Without seeing your data I would expect this to be intended behavior however I would love to get a closer look! I am going to move your post to a ticket so that we can work a bit more directly together on this. 

Hi Emma

The values in the uid field are not changing. I received your trouble ticket and inquiry. Will be sending data shortly.