Skip to main content

Just wondering if I can control the move increment to a smaller one when I press the arrow key to move a selected object. I would like to move some objects just a bit closer to one another. Is the grid value controllable beyond inch and centimeter? Thanks for your reply.

Hi Steven! Thanks for posting on the Community. If you hold down the Shift button while moving an item with the arrow keys you will be able to move it in much smaller increments. I hope this helps!

The increment is still too large when I press the shift + arrow key.  How do I make the increment smaller -- or larger?  Is there a way to set it so that it moves smoothly and doesn't jump by increments?

Hello Scott

Unfortunately all shapes will move by increments when dragged on the canvas or moved using the the 'Shift + Arrow-Key' method but you can specify the exact position of the shape using the Shape Options menu. For instructions on using this menu please take a look at this Help Center article. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!