Skip to main content

In a recent update to our UI, the change shape feature was updated and is now accessible via the change shape iconlixllWSh1lG8kx99SbMXOr70MzArP6jQCtgAgHIVsyONoBbsHtvUY_KLPAQbTXp_kkwzaFraxTsYoRPaVXBI_7C13bWNHP7jeqnpz7MO7ZUvftueIRsuDOaRYMf8mm-fC9YX0CQe_O2yjloJJ0KA94A

To access this feature, select your shape and the change shape icon will appear above your shape.

JZOf9afhvuIClQID3G9OidwPbUL4ECVtZsakg0Kwn7mpQC1XJ9AK0FupWOujwmrnEHNdmvQ-rKZE2PIEIgw0hc4-TSnX0oIVgoPvdDKCiExEndZp8LTd2pCBkJyCKPc79T5KoHdPM6ggONloVqbOVjg

Hope this helps!

I cannot locate my change shape icon!!

Where is it? Can’t locate it in the help section or on any of the drop down menus!! The latest UI update is a step backwards!

@tacklam in order to see the Change Shape icon shown in the screenshot/gif above, you must click on a shape on your canvas in order to have it selected. Then the icon should show up. Try it out and let us know if you have any issues!

Hello

I am trying to change the shape on some of our charts for certain type of entities (% ownership charts). The triangle shape doesn’t seem to exist in my list, only the inverted one is listed. I tried to change the shape by right clicking on ‘more actions’ or by clicking the ‘change shape’ icon as above, but the triangle is not an option. 

2 questions:

- How to create a triangle as a shape?

- Can we do a mass change and modify the shapes of all the cells containing a specific word? (e.g change the shape from a square to a triangle every time “L.P”. is written)

Thank you!

Melissa 

Hi @Melissa K, thank you for continuing this thread! The change shape feature will only work for ‘Flowchart’ or ‘Geometric’ shapes and are limited to shapes in the same library. 

It sounds like your diagram may have been created using Flowchart shapes and you are seeing the ‘Merge shape’ (inverted triangle) when trying to change shape. 

If that is not the case, would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you see when trying to change the shape? This will help us take a closer look!

For the second question, unfortunately, this isn’t currently supported in Lucid, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

We appreciate your willingness to provide your requests and feedback in the Lucid Community!