Skip to main content

Hi

I'm creating an Org Chart and I'd like to use the Contact Role color scheme. However the names don't fit for my use case. I want to change the name of the contact role so I can leverage the color coding and have the role name be what I want. Is this possible?

Hi Ryan

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! It is possible to change the name of the contact role in order to leverage the color coding to better fit your needs. To do this you should be able to simply change the text in the editor to align with a certain color. For more help working with the the Account Mapping functions in Lucidchart please visit our Sales Solution article in the Lucidchart Help Center. You can also reference our video tutorials such as this one about assigning contact roles. Let me know if you run into any trouble or if you have any further questions! 

Hi Chase 

I actually have the same question as Ryan. Just changing the name is unfortunately not an adequate solution. I too would like to know if I can expand the standard roles that are currently available (buyer decisionmaker influencer blocker none). Although valuable this is still an incomplete overview of typical DMU roles. It would be useful to have the option to add or change the roles that can be selected. Looking forward to your response. 

Eric

Hi Chase

You say you can change it but I still down't see how you can. These are Post-Sales deals so the Org Chart isn't really focused on who is a Decision Maker or not. I want to change "Decision Maker" to "Already Engaged" so anyone who is looking at this Org Chart knows we don't have solicit them as we already have a relationship. The "Do Not Contact" Contact Role should be "Target Audience" as people targeting to gain a relationship. 

So I want to keep the contact roles but change the name to fit the color. You said I can do it but can you give me a step-by-step on how to do this. Additionally I agree with Eric and I would like to add more if possible. Can we have a step-by-step to do that too?

Thank you Ryan

Hi Ryan and Eric

Thanks for your responses. My apologies for any confusion - if you are using the Lucidchart Sales Solution the Admin on the account should have the ability to change the colors associated with certain roles in Lucidchart (as seen in the screenshot below) and should have the ability to create additional roles within Salesforce. Additional roles cannot be created within Lucidchart.

In the case that you are using Account Map shapes without linking to Salesforce the contact roles and associated colors are unfortunately not editable at this time. In this case the best way to 'associate' a color with a certain contact role would be to individually edit the text on the correctly colored Account Map shapes. Again my apologies for any confusion - please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks Chase. Can you make a feature request and send us the number so we can follow it?

Hello Ryan

Of course! You can submit a feature request here. This will be passed directly to our development team for their consideration. While feature requests are not currently able to be tracked I can assure you that each request is reviewed by our development team and helps us to prioritize which features should be added to Lucidchart in the future. Thank you for your request!