Skip to main content

Hi Folks 

Our business has two core areas and a central business function that services both. Therefore they have a dotted line to both sides of the company. I wondered if anyone could share how best to demonstrate this structure?

Hi Samm

Thank you for posting your question in the Lucid Community! To clarify what is your goal for the type or diagram or documentation that you want to have? Are you looking to document your specific employees or the structure and functions of your business? 

To visualize the structure of your employees or business I recommend using our Org Chart tool. Something you could try is using two separate Org Chart shapes that you can position as you'd like to model your two core areas. You can continue to build out this visualization by adding custom shapes and lines to demonstrate the working relationships between the people or teams within this system. As an example of a starting point you might consider adding an additional shape to model the central business function (see below). To learn more about the functionality of Org Charts please check out this Help Center article.

Something else you may find useful are our ready-made templates! Two in particular that you may find helpful are the Interrelationship Diagram template or the Functional Decomposition template. Both templates are a great starting place to visualize processes and relationships.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.