Skip to main content

I bought lucidcharts specifically because it is supposed to be great for collaborating while we test it out for the company.

But this issue seems to make collaboration impossible:

Can we upload an excel file (you call it replace dataset) into an existing org chart with Indiv. license? We need to know that everyone is working off the latest file but when we try to re-import the xls file, it creates a new org chart vs updating the existing one? If this true, we need to cancel bc we cant recreate entire org charts over and over, color them, put the pics back in

Another question 2-is there a central repository we can put images or is it just drag and drop into the org chart itself?

Hi @rscarbath, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! I can see that you have also submitted a support ticket, where I can answer further questions about your account specifically.

For anyone else with questions about Data Linking or Images, please see the below resources from the Lucid Help center, or post your question on this thread!

Working with Shapes: Add an Image and Link data to a Lucidchart document

Amelia 

when do you plan on responding to my question!.  do I have to have an enterprise account in order to refresh an org chart with an Excel or CSV file from my desktop? Will the individual license allow that or every time I try to upload a spreadsheet it starts a new work chart?

Hi @rscarbath, thanks for following up! I apologize that you were unable to see my response sent on Feb 23, 2024 in your support ticket. Refreshing and Replacing your dataset feature is only available to users on an Enterprise Subscription. For more information please review our Lucidchart Plans article. If you are interested in upgrading right away, please visit our Upgrade your Lucid account article.