Skip to main content
Cannot resize a column within ERD

I've set up a number of entities and needed to increase the size of the entire entity object to get my text to fit. I am looking for a way to narrow the data type column to make the whole table a reasonable size. From other posts it seems like the advanced shape menu seems like what i need but can't figure out how to launch it.

Thanks
Don Rule
Translational Software

Hi Don 

Thanks for posting in the community! You should be able to manually adjust the size of ERD's (and by default the columns within) by dragging a corner of your shape to fit the spec you're looking for. Additionally your text should be automatically increasing the size of the field that you're typing in. You might find this Help Center article helpful. If these functionalities don't seem to be working as they should please reach out to us here so we can troubleshoot further. 

Best

I was using the corner of the overall entity shape rather than the corner of the column to resize. Once I grabbed that it worked as I expected.

Thanks very much.

Absolutely! Our Help Center has some great information but don't hesitate to reach out in the future with questions. 

Best