Skip to main content

I cannot simply extend my Object's vertical timeline without dragging other objects with it. If I do not originally leave enough room I have to move every single object I made. Frustrating. 

I would also like to move arrows between two timelines as a whole object instead of the two connection points individually. Connections that are not loopbacks to self should always be horizontal. More frustration. 

I cannot highlight a group of objects and move them without creating a group. Frustrating

Hi Randy

Thanks for posting on the community! To extend your vertical timeline you can select multiple shapes by clicking and dragging your cursor across the boxes that you would like to move. If you select a shape you would not like to move simply Ctrl + click on that shape.

As for moving shapes together select the shapes you would like to group right-click and select "Group". This will create a group where you can move the objects together. When they are moved you can simply ungroup the objects.

If you are not looking to make groups but multiple objects will not move together like the screen recording above please get back with a screen recording showing the issue.

Hope this helps!

This frustration is exactly what I'm dealing with and the response here is not relevant to the original poster's problem.

The problem is with specifically sequence diagrams not flowcharts like the one in your example.

The problem mostly stems from the fact that the line connection points are static so you can move all objects down but the lines will not move with them unless you move the entire sequence rectangle with it and most of the time you just want to resize the sequence rectangle and drag objects down to create space in between. This doesn't work with the lines at all meaning you have to manually select every line point connecting and move it separately which is a total mess when stuff starts overlapping and if you do it from the bottom you have to completely guess how much space you will end up needing.

Hi Kevin

It looks like my college is helping you via a support ticket. For others experiencing this issue there unfortunately isn't an easy way to avoid connected lines moving along with shapes.

As a workaround please use the 'Group' feature found in Arrange > Group to group all the shapes and lines you have selected. Doing this will disconnect anchored lines and you should be able to move everything together without interfering the rest of the diagram. After moving the shapes you can ungroup the selected area and reconnect the lines that have moved.

Hope this helps!