Skip to main content

I'm starting with the Gantt Chart with Progress Bar template and I've cloned the sample Google sheet and replaced the data with it. I see my changes to the existing rows/columns show up in Lucidchart when I click refresh. However the problem that is preventing me from doing anything useful is that I am unable to link additional cells/rows to data in the spreadsheet. I can copy a cell to an empty row but that seems to give me two cells in my diagram which are inextricably linked to the same cells on the Google sheet.

I cannot figure out how to make the individual rows in the table each reference the corresponding row in the Google sheet. At this point it seems my diagram is irreparably broken in that multiple cells in it all reference the same row/cell in the Google sheet and I cannot find any way link more cells.

I can find no way to add more rows to the Selected Shape Data panel which seems to control the table in the diagram. As is this data linking feature is completely unusable to me unless I have 9 or fewer rows (the number of rows in the template).

Example:

And when I change row from 4 to 3 under Selected Shape Data all three cells are updated:

If I click "Remove All Data From This Source" then select all the rows of my data from the Data Linking panel then drag and drop them to the table shape it does not place all the rows into the table. Instead it duplicates the values in some cells yet rows 2-11 from the linked data are represented in the Selected Shape Data table. Changing the row number in Selected Shape Data for some rows affects the diagram. Others have no effect. Ultimately the behavior seems consistently broken and there still seems to be no way to get the table to reflect all rows from the linked Google sheet.

Empty table (before):

Table with duplicates (BUG?!):

Hi Steven

Thanks for reaching out on Lucidchart Community!

Sorry for the troubles you are experiencing with the Gantt Template. The template is designed as a good starting point but may limit you as you do deeper customization and expand your functions outside of the default template. There may have been a break in the data linking between the objects in your document and your Google Sheet. 

If you click on the object like your Task 7 above you can see which row in your sheet it is referencing

pKkrH7jchMGtgkJE1wG13Q.png

For more information on data linking see this article: Link data to a Lucidchart document

For more information on conditional formatting see this article: Add conditional formatting in Lucidchart

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!