Skip to main content

Is it possible to define specific connector endpoint locations on a shape? By default I know there are 4 endpoint locations on a rectangle for example but what if I wanted to define 3x endpoint locations on the bottom of a rectangle? That way I can consistently control where the line is connecting.

Sure I know you can drag a line from a shape to the above mentioned rectangle and kinda get them in the right space each time but I'm looking for accuracy. I'd like to simply drag a line to this shape and have it snap to one of the defined connection locations.

Possible?

Thanks.

Hi @tc c thanks for posting in the community! Unfortunately adding custom connection points to objects is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

We have also seen users use a workaround to add connections points by adding a small shape to the desired connection point and grouping the shapes together. You can also save these modified shapes as custom shapes for easy access.  

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you. Hope this helps!

Thanks @leianne c

Thanks @tc c! Feel free to let us know if you have any questions we're happy to help! :)