Skip to main content

I am drawing organisation charts.

I have been using the layer function with action buttons to allow my colleagues to toggle different layers on and off to help breakdown the organisation into different departments. It works great!

But some of the departments need to appear in more than one of the layers when toggled on and off.

My question - Can shapes etc. be assigned to multiple layers on the same page so that they will appear in more than one layer when they are toggled on and off?

Any help would be great Thanks in advance community.  

Hi Louis

Thank you for posting in the Lucid community! Our sincere apologies for the delayed response on this thread - I wanted to follow up in case this answer may still be useful to you and to provide a solution for other users who see this thread in the future. You can check out this article from our Help Desk concerning layers as it may be helpful. 

I do have a suggestion for you to try:

• Make a copy of the shape you would like to have in multiple layers

• Click the layer you would like to add it to using the layer button in the bottom right of the page and paste your shape there and place it over the existing shape

• Utilizing the hide button you should notice that the shape is now appearing in both layers

I hope this helps!