Skip to main content

I can no longer select one line of text in a shape. (i.e. change some text to bold italic etc.)  I discovered the issue is in Chrome and switched to Safari.  Very frustrating issue since I was under a tight deadline. It worked a month ago--but not now. 

Hi Phillip

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! I am sorry for the issues you have experienced with text in Lucidchart and would love to take a closer look at what you are seeing.

Just to make sure that we are on the same page please review our Work With Text article from the Lucidchart Help Center and let me know if you have any questions about the intended functionality.

There are a few specific things to look at when working with text:

• While a text box will allow you to push Enter and move to the next line down normal shapes will not. You have to use Ctrl + Enter (or Cmd + Enter for Mac) to push the cursor down a line.

• You can format and style your text by double clicking within the shape and selecting the specific line of text to edit. Then using the toolbar at the top of the canvas you can adjust the text style.

• Can you try opening your document in a Chrome Incognito window? This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.

• If your text still isn’t appearing as you expect WebGL might be causing an issue with the graphics card on your computer. Can you try toggling WebGL off? This can be done by going to View > Rendering > Use WebGL and un-selecting this option.

If the issue persists please submit a Support Ticket by emailing Support@Lucidchart.com. Please include the URL to your document in your ticket. 

Hello I encounter the same issue now. I cannot select text in a shape. I toggled WebGL off.

Hey there

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! I notice that you've also submitted a support ticket -- I will help out with the issue there!