Skip to main content

I had a personnal account and started and account with my work instead. Shared document from personnal account with work account.

In work account opened shared document and "saved as" to create a copy of it.

On personnal account deleted the shared document.

Now back to work account still see the shared document and can't remove it.

How can I remove it ?

Hi Eric

Thanks for posting in the community and I apologize for the trouble you're running into with your deleted document.

I recommend locating the document in your personal account’s trash folder. From there open it and remove your work account as a collaborator.

Let me know if this solves the problem and if there’s anything else I can help with.

I have a very similar problem however I actually deleted my personal account. I cannot go back to that account to un-share the document.
It also seems very odd that documents still exist even though the account was deleted...

How can this be fixed?

Hi Mike

Thanks for reaching out on the community and I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with shared documents. I'd like to take a closer look at the document that you are still seeing and the account it came from and will be reaching out by email to get more information.

Hello

Same problem as Eric L. here.

I had a personnal account and started and account with my work instead. Shared document from personnal account with work account.In work account opened shared document and "saved as" to create a copy of it.On personnal account deleted the shared document. The document in not in my personal account’s trash folder.

How can this be fixed.

Hi Julie

Thanks for continuing this thread! I am going to move this conversation to a support ticket.

For others experiencing this issue please reach out using this Support Form and include the URL to your document.

Thank you!