Skip to main content

Hi, 

After setting up a start stop continue exercise template, it’s impossible for participants to create and add their own postits to the board. How can I fix this?

Maxim

Hi @MaximHappening, thanks for posting in the community! I don’t quite understand the issue you are experiencing, could you clarify a couple of points so I can best support you? 

• Are you using a specific Lucid template or creating this exercise within the document yourself? If you are using a template, what is the template called?
  • Are these participants also Lucid users? In order to participate on a board, each collaborator will need a Lucid account and will also need to be granted editing access. Have you experienced issues with sharing the board with collaborators? If so, please review this help center article for helpful troubleshooting tips.

If you’re able to include more information and screenshots of what you’re seeing on your end, that’s extremely helpful for us!

Thanks for your help and patience! 

The template is called ‘Start, stop, continue retrospective’.
Yes they are also users and have editing access

Hi @MaximHappening, thanks for confirming that information! I tested the template on my end and it seems to be working properly, which means the issue could potentially be related to the users’ subscription levels or your specific document.

• Can you confirm if the users you are collaborating with on this document are on the same account as you are, or do they on a different account or have a different subscription level?
  • Additionally, are you experiencing this issue with collaboration in other documents or just this one? If you make a copy of the document, does the issue with collaborators not being able to edit the document persist? 

Thanks for your help and patience!

Hi @Addie I am also experiencing a similar issue.. I used the DAKI  Retrospective visual activity template.

I added blank sticy notes to the activity, with the intention of allowing participants to type their own feedback free form, into those sticky notes.

BUT it does not appear possible.  So the question for me is- how can visual activity participants add their own text/notes.  How can I add that option to the activity?

Hi @BTalavera_brilliantcorners.org 

Thank you for your post! To clarify-- do the users have edit access to the document? Do they receive any error messages when trying to add text? If so, can you provide a screenshot of the error message they see? 

Hi @Kelsey Gaag I set it up as anyone with link can edit (trying to make it simple for employees to participate without having to login, since likely not everyone already has a lucid account).

There is no error message, there simply just not appear to be a way to add text… (only able to drag the existing objects)

Thank you for the reply! Since this is a public forum I have removed your document link for privacy reasons. To clarify, users can’t add options/text to the visual activity. However, they can add options by creating sticky notes or outside of the visual activity and then you can add them in. 

@Kelsey Gaag How do they create their own sticky notes in the visual activity?

Just by clicking edit, then the side menu will pop up for them to add?

The collaborators can add stickies to the normal document, and if you have the visual activity set to edit, they can drag the stickies to the activity.

@Kelsey Gaag 

I dont see any of those options from the view when I click the share link. I dont get a menu when I right click or double click, anywhere..

Thank you for the reply. To clarify-- do you mean you don’t see the option to edit the activity? You can view this on the visual activity. You don’t have to change anything in the share settings. 

@Kelsey Gaag Yes, that is correct.  When the activity is joined via the shared link, those options do not display.  Below is an image of the screen, clicking, right clicking, hovering - nothing displays the option to “edit activity”, no way to display that side menu that I can find...

Do you see the edit activity option on your end as the creator of the activity? Other user’s will not be able to have the option to edit the activity, however, if you can put the activity in edit mode they should be able to add stickies or text to the activity.