Skip to main content

I have an org chart that I update frequently and export to PDF every other week. All of a sudden this week nothing happens when I click export → PDF. I can print it and save it as a pdf, but it doesn’t give me the option to crop to content like the export function does. None of the export options currently work for me. I’ve had this chart for more than 6 months and there haven’t been any significant changes since it was created. 

Hi @sawyer.butterfield

Thanks for your post! Issues like this are often related to browser or network security interference. Could you try the following steps to help us determine if that’s indeed the case and narrow down the potential cause of this:

• Try the export in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.
  • Try the export again on another network, ensuring that you are on a strong, stable connection.

If the issue persists, please reply to this post with the following details: 

• A screenshot of the issue.
  • A temporary Support PIN for your org chart. This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.
  • A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (if your computer is a Windows / Linux) OR Cmd + Opt + J (if your computer is a Mac).

Thanks for your help!

Hi 

I am having the same issues with Exporting. 

From testing I have been able to determine that it is a user role problem and seems related to the edit rights in the group share. 

My power users with full edit&share rights have no issues. 

My normal users that only have edit rights to documents in their group are no longer able to export. 

Problem was first reported on Monday 10/06. No system or user rights have been changed. The only thing I was able to see that could be responsible is the system change from Group (Sharing) to Organizational groups 

I have tested in incognito and used alternative browsers.  

Hi @morne ,

Thanks for getting back to me with that additional information. This is currently a bug in our system and has been reported this to our development team. I apologize for any disruption this may cause, and I will update this thread with any new information about a fix. As a workaround, you can request share access from the document owner this should allow you to export.

Please follow along on this thread for updates, and post any additional questions or concerns below.

@Flavia D 

I tried in google chrome incognito and the export options still do nothing. The temporary support pin is: 1iToXUPooJ6F. I can’t really take a screenshot of the button not working when I click it. I believe my coworker is the owner of the document, but he hasn’t changed any settings that would cause me to be unauthorized. Everything was working fine up until this week so I don’t know what caused the change. When I’m in office, I’m plugged into an ethernet cable so I know the network is strong. I tried today on my home wifi with the google incognitio and no difference. 

Hi @sawyer.butterfield

Thank you for trying the steps Flavia outlined! This is currently a bug in our system has been reported this to our development team. I apologize for any disruption this may cause, and I will update this thread with any new information about a fix. As a workaround, you can request share access from the document owner.

Please follow along on this thread for updates, and post any additional questions or concerns below.

Good afternoon,

I was just informed that this has been resolved!