Skip to main content

Hi 

I am currently working with a lot of Lucidchart files and I often want to be able to clean my workspace. What works well is that I can easily move multiple files at once to the trash. Then if I want delete a single element in the trash it works but when I want to delete multiple items at once in the trash this popup appears and the "Delete Forever" button does nothing. All the files that I have selected now cannot be deleted even if I want to delete only one of them.

I saw that after 7 day my files would be theoretically deleted in the folder but this is not the case here in the screenshot even files from the beginning of the month are still there. 

Am I missing something or is this a bug ? 

Thank you in advance !

One alternative way I found that works in order to delete multiple files from trash at the same time is to restore them all put them in the same folder then delete the folder from trash. But I still think it would be great to be able to select all items from trash and delete them all at once.

Hi Colin

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Documents will remain in the trash indefinitely unless you choose to delete them from the trash. 

To permanently delete a document from the Trash folder:

1. Hover your cursor over the document’s thumbnail.

2. Click the three-dot More menu at the bottom-right corner of the thumbnail.

3. Select Delete from Trash.

You should also be able to delete several documents at once (as shown on your screenshot). As you wrote that you were not able to proceed that I am wondering whether one or several documents were had any specificities that prevented you from actioning the deletion. My understand is that you already deleted the documents so it now won't be possible to investigate further however I would recommend that you reach out to our Support Team via this form if ever this happens again so that we can look into the matter and get to the bottom of why you're not able to bulk-delete the documents.

I'm sorry I'm not able to provide a satisfactory explanation at this very moment but please let me know if you have any questions!