Skip to main content

One of my Lucidchart docs seems to be stuck in a mode where the selection arrow cursor has been replaced with the Move cursor so when I click and drag it drags the background of my doc around. It doesn't select the objects I'm dragging over. I only have 1 layer and no grouping. I tried moving things to the back or the front. Nothing seems to be locked. I assume that I hit a hotkey somewhere or entered some mode and I can't seem to get out of it. Please help.

Hi Amy thanks for reaching out in the community! I'm going to create a ticket from your post so our team can take a closer look at what may be going on. Keep an eye out for a message from us!

Hi Amy Did you ever find a solution to this? 

Hi Ivy

Thanks for your post! Regarding the issue Amy encountered we recommended turning off the Magnetize feature when working with swimlanes/containers to enable manual adjustment of individual shapes. If you're encountering something similar please try this. Amy, feel free to follow up with any additional insights you were able to learn either through your own troubleshooting or from your interaction with Support! 

Ivy are you encountering something similar or have any questions about intended functionality? If so please let us know and we're happy to help. Any screenshots or screen recordings you can provide will be a great help in determining the cause and finding a solution.

I am having the same problem but for all my documents. Instead of moving objects the hold left click+drag pans around.

This really hinders the usability of the tool.

Hi Andrew 

Thanks for continuing this thread! As a first step could you try opening your account and clicking+dragging your objects in a private or incognito window to help us rule out any browser interference? This will start a fresh cookie session and disable any extensions that could be affecting your account.

If the issue persists in a private or incognito window, please follow up in the thread so that we can take a closer look.

Same problem. I can't click and drag to select in any of my docs in Firefox or Chrome in incognito tabs or normal. Last time I used Lucid chart everything was fine.

I love Lucidchart and it's a critical business tool for me - but this is making in much more difficult to use.

Many thanks

Jim.

Hi Jim

Thanks for your comment!

I see that you also filed a support request to which we will get back to asap. To speed up the process I would recommend that you add the following information to that support request:

• The URL to any of your affected documents.
  • A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Also a good first would be for you to follow the troubleshooting steps detailed in the previous comments (turning the Magnetize feature off).

Thanks for your patience!

March 15th 2023 had the same issue. Had to close and re-open the document.

Hi Anthony thanks for continuing this thread and sorry for the trouble! Thanks for letting us know that closing and re-opening your document resolved this for you. To clarify have you continued to experience this after doing so? If it's persisting please don't hesitate to let us know so that we can take a closer look.