Skip to main content

When i double click on a shape. The text cursor appears. Then when i go to add text. it doesn’t add and it deletes the existing text

Hi @billgager

Thanks for your post! Issues like this are often related to browser or network interference. To help us determine if that’s the case, could you try the following steps: 

• Open your account in a private or incognito window and try this again. If you’d like help opening an incognito window, please check out this community post.
  • Open Lucid in an alternate browser to verify if the issue persists. 
  • Are you using a VPN? If so, disconnect from to see if this changes the outcome. 
  • Try connecting to a different network (if possible, a mobile hotspot.)

If those don't resolve the problem, can you please send the following information so I can take a closer look?

• A temporary Support PIN for this document. This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.
  • Is the issue specific to a document, or does it persist in all of your documents? 
  • A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Thank you for your help!