Skip to main content

Hi LC

My student is unable to add pictures to her chart using the EDU version. When I checked her account settings it says she is only using 1% of the 2GB storage. She already deleted a couple of charts to free up space which obviously there is still plenty. What can we do next?

Thanks

Hi Kimberly

Thanks for posting on the community. I’m sorry for the trouble you are having with your student's account storage and am happy to help.

To start it's worth noting that there are some confusing things about the way that EDU accounts display storage. We calculate allotted storage by product but display it in account settings all together. For instance your student may have filled their Lucidchart and Lucidspark storage but not their Lucidpress storage. This would prevent them from adding images or documents to Lucidchart/Lucidspark but still show plenty of available space in their account settings. I apologize that we don't have the storage broken out by product to make this more clear — this is something our engineers are currently working to implement.

Here are a couple of specific things to look at when working with clearing out storage:

• You can check how much of your storage is being used and what it is being used by in your Account Settings under the "Plan and Billing" tab. If you hover over each of the colored sections you can see what that portion of the storage represents.

• Images generally take up the most space in an account if you are running out of room it is recommended that you clear out as many images as you can from both your documents and your Image Manager. You can access your Image Manager by clicking the image icon next to the magnifying glass above your shape library.

• Please note when deleting documents it will take 7 days for them to be removed from your trash and free up storage.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Hope this helps!