Skip to main content

I have a few documents from consulting projects complete about a year and a half ago. I am on the free plan, which was sufficient for my needs; the documents were created under that plan (IIRC). When I try to open them now I get the warning about “You are out of free shapes”. If I decline the upgrade prompt, the documents open but they’re completely empty.

I should mention that thumbnails of the documents in the homepage DO show the correct shapes and images.

How can I access these old documents? 

Hi @ehamlin

Thanks for your post! It seems like you might be running into two different issues: 

Regarding the “You’re out of free shapes” message

Free accounts are limited to creating 3 documents with up to 60 objects each. You’re seeing that message because you’ve likely hit that shape limit. To learn more about this, please review our Lucidchart Plans Help Center article. 

Regarding the document opening as a blank page

Typically, when users experience this, it’s because a new empty page tab has been inserted before the original tab where the diagram is. Would you mind checking the page tabs in your document to see if that's the case? The page tabs are located at the bottom left of the screen. 

I hope this helps! 

Thank you, the blank page was the answer. I’m back in business. Really appreciate the helpful tip.