Solved

Can someone please help me resize this mindmap?

Badge +1

Please help me! I have no idea why it is now SO SMALL! 

Whenever I export it to google docs you cannot even read it. 

icon

Best answer by Eric R 2 May 2024, 15:39

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @foxterrier1234 

Can you try using "Fit to page" option, when inserting the image, then with the "Insert options" and choose "Fit to page" to adjust the image size to fit the document width.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Badge +1

But its inserted through the ADD ON menu...so not technically an image - is there a way to make it one?

Thank you so much!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Thanks for adding more to it,
Accordingly - that changes things a bit. 
Since you're inserting the mind map through the Add-on menu in Google Docs, it's not treated as a regular image. 
Basically there is no direct way to convert the Add-on mind map into a standard image within Google Docs itself.

Kindly check if the mind mapping Add-on you are using offers an export option. 
Many Add-ons allow you to export your mind map in various formats, such as PNG, JPEG, or even PDF.
Once you've exported the mind map, you can insert it into your Google Doc as a regular image. This will allow you to use the "Fit to page" option and resize it as needed, if this not helping you can also try one other option,

You can also consider taking a screenshot of the mind map within the Add-on interface.
Make sure to capture only the relevant portion of the mind map.
Paste the screenshot into your Google Doc. You can then crop and resize the screenshot to fit your document.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Badge +1

It is the lucid add on - I don’t think there is any way to do this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @foxterrier1234 

Would like to differ this to our super helper's team to advise more.

CC - @Addie / @Leianne C - Could you please advise on this.

Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @foxterrier1234, chiming in here (thanks for your help so far @Humas1985!): Taking a closer look at your document, it looks like there is an empty textbox shape hidden in the bottom right corner of the canvas:

You can find this shape by clicking and dragging your mouse to select the area it is in. When you remove this shape, your canvas size will automatically readjust to the size of your mind map. This should also affect the diagram inserted into Google Docs with the Lucidchart add-on after updating your inserted diagrams. If the inserted diagram does not change, I would recommend removing it and then re-inserting it using the add-on. 

I would also highly encourage you to remove the share link you generated for this document, as this currently allows any Lucid user viewing this post to access and edit your document. You can do this by clicking on Share > Manage Collaborators and then clicking the “X” next to the share link. Please also remove any collaborators that were added through this share link. You can also find these steps in the Share with Collaborators article in our Help Center.