Skip to main content

Hi I have a BPMN diagram I’d like to use for conversations with both my business and my IT audience. To accomplish this I’d have a diagram where in one case I’d like to show business labels in other occasion technical labels.

To accomplish this I have created an Excel file with two columns; business label & technical label. Then I create page level custom data field. In the diagram I have formula’s on the tasks with an IF testing the page-data field to control what column text is displayed.

To complete my use I’d like to create a link toggle button … something to set the data field. Is this possible? Any other suggestion to accomplish what I want?

Best
Maarten

Hi Maarten 

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Yes you can create actions to toggle your document’s conditional formatting rules. To use your shape to toggle conditional formatting rules on and off please follow these steps:

1. Select the shape you'd like to add an action to. 
  2. Click on the lightning bolt icon in the formatting bar at the top of your canvas. 
  3. Select Conditional Formatting from the top of the Actions menu.
  4. From the dropdown check the boxes next to the rule(s) you want set up to toggle.
  5. Click Done.

psLcCLUVmG1dbdUr8P56_A.png

Once the action is set up the shape at hand will function as a button with which you can toggle the rules on and off by using the hotkey Command + Shift + Click for Mac and Ctrl + Shift + Click for PC. 

For more information about how to embody interactivity into your documents please read through our Add Actions to your diagram article from the Lucid Help Center. And if you'd like to learn more about how to add conditional formatting rules to your diagrams please refer to our Conditional Formatting article

Hope this helps! Feel free to post any additional questions below.