Skip to main content

Saw a similar post with regard to Powerpoint from 11/23/2020 asking "Is there anyway to double click and edit in place as with visio?"  I want to do the same thing but with Word.

Your answer stated "Embedded diagrams will need to be edited in Lucidchart and then refreshed in PowerPoint to show changes."

Need some details here.  Do you select and copy the drawing from Word and paste it to a blank page in Lucidchart to edit?  Do I copy it back to Word when I'm done?  Not sure what 'refreshed' means.  Does it stay a Visio drawing back in the Word doc?

Any special license needed to support this?

Hi Bruce thanks for your post! Abby's response in the post you referenced is actually referring to our Powerpoint integration. You can read more about all our Microsoft Office integrations in this article from the Lucid Help Centre. Our Microsoft Office integrations are available to all account types so you don't need a special license to use them- you only need a Lucid account. 

Our Powerpoint add-on is a little different from our other Office add-ons. In our Word add-on it's not possible to refresh an inserted diagram in Word. You have to remove and reinsert the diagram to update it.

It's not possible to edit the diagram 'in place' once it has been inserted into your Word document but before you insert the diagram you can select 'Edit' in the Lucidchart add-on window in Word. This opens the Lucidchart editor in a small window so you can make any changes before inserting your diagram. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.