Skip to main content

Hi guys

Can a site map be exported to text (outlined) or csv (outlined into columns)?

I can't see that that's possible?

It really should be because after doing the sitemap for a website it's useful to see a simple Outline version of it in text. Whether that's in a doc (e.g. Google Doc) or a CSV wouldn't matter that much (and both options would be nice).

Possible?

Do you see the use case here?

Thanks!

MC

Hi Michael

Thanks for posting on the community! It is indeed possible to export your site map as a CSV! In the Lucidchart editor navigate to File > Download As > CSV of Shape Data (please see screenshot for reference). Please feel free to reach back out if you have any further questions!

This exports as a flat list of the objects. Is it possible to export an outline of the hierarchy for example with tabs or spaces:

Node 1
   Node 2
   Node 3
      Node 4
   Node 5

Or CSV

Node 1 
Node 2
Node 3
Node 4
Node 5

Hi @neil s thank you for continuing this thread. Unfortunately it is not possible to customise the exported file of 'CSV of Shape Data' to show the hierarchy of shapes in your diagram.

However I understand how this export option would be helpful and have logged your feature request with our development team. Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you! Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions.