Skip to main content
Question

[bug] "Trouble saving recent changes" message on a comment-only document

• 11 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I am seeing this error message, on a fresh load of a shared document where I only have “Comment” permissions. It happens every time I reload the page.

I tried clearing the offline site data but no luck (Using Chrome on MacOS)

Hi @swd, thanks for posting in the community! We see this error message when there’s a network issue - could you please try connecting to a different network and see if the problem persists? Thanks for your help and patience!

I tried on different networks (including wired at my workplace) and it still happens. Could it be due to the link I have, that might somehow behave weirdly? I don’t see the document in my “shared with me” list, yet I can still open it (corporate account, I think it’s shared to anyone in my company)

The other strange part, is as soon as I open the link, it says “saving” even though I didn’t (and cannot) make any changes.

Hi @swd, thanks for the response and additional information! Are you experiencing the same issue with multiple documents or just this document specifically? Additionally, do you encounter the same error using a different device? 

It seems to be with all documents shared as “comment only” with me.

I got myself added as edit access, and it showed “Saved” correctly.

As soon as I got put back to comment access, every time I reload the tab, it says “Saving...”.

If I make a comment, it goes to “saved”, but if I then reload the doc, it says “Saving….” again or (“Attempting to save….”) and I also see the error message pop up but the comment gets submitted correctly..

HI @swd, thanks for the response and additional information! I’m going to transfer your request to a support ticket so we can best assist you - please refer to your email for further correspondence.