Skip to main content

Dear Lucidchart community

I seem to have stumbled upon some sort of bug when selecting text. Although I can select text either by dragging the cursor across multiple characters or by holding down shift and moving the cursor by using the arrow keys on my keyboard I don't get any visual feedback (blue highlight) showing me my selection.

I'll try to make available 2 files:

• One screencapture showing me selecting multiple characters and then deleting them with one keypress (no highlight visible). 
• One screenshot which I've found showing how selected text would look like for users not affected by this bug. Please see attached screenshot

My system specs:

• Hardware: MacBook Pro (15-inch 2019)
• Browser: Google Chrome Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Would be great to hear if this would already be a known problem and if the team is working on fixing it. Not a super-bad bug since I basically everything else works flawlessly - it's just a bit cumbersom to edit text.

Keep up the great work apart from the above I love your application.

Kind regards
Manuel de Lorenzo

Dear Lucidchart communiy

By accident I think I've just stumbled upon what was causing the issue I've described above. After having added a new Text element I've noticed that my selected text would get highlighted without issues. After having taken a loser look at the differences I noticed that I had the Text parameter "LINE-HEIGHT" set to 0 on most of my text elements. As soon as I've increased that one up to a value of 1 I could also see the blue highlights on my selected text again...

I guess this issue is more like a "somewhat" intended behavior since a user with a line height of zero in multiline text the user wouldn't be able to pick which text to select since the characters get stacked on top of each other on the same line.

I guess the "issue" thus is resolved 🙂. Sorry for any possible confusion + have a nice day!

Kind regards
Manuel de Lorenzo