Skip to main content

Hi there

We've uploaded a series of brand fonts in different weights and styles (with book medium bold and italics). However in the font manager and the font drop down list the bold italics and bold + italics variations are grouped together but the medium and book weights are grouped as each of their own separate font families. This is particularly frustrating as if we select the main font family the font defaults to the italic version since the medium or book versions aren't associated with it. How can we fix this to have all the fonts correctly categorized as the same family?

Thanks!

Hi Mubdi thanks for posting in the Lucid Community - I'm happy to help! In order for me to better understand the issue could you please respond with a screenshot of how these fonts are appearing in your font menu? Additionally can you please clarify if you uploaded each font weight/style as a separate file? Thanks for your help and patience. 

Hi Micah thanks so much. Attached is a screenshot of how the fonts appear:

(The font family in question is Futura PT)

In total there were 5 font files uploaded (Book Medium Bold Bold Oblique and Book Oblique). The latter three get merged into one font family. The other two are on their own.

Thanks kindly for looking into this.

Hi Mubdi thanks for your response. So I can attempt to recreate the issue I'm going to move this community post to a private ticket and reach out for additional information - please refer to your email for next steps! Thanks for your help and patience. 

Hi Mubdi I have responded to you via ticket but want to share the same information here in case it might be helpful to others. After uploading your .ttf files for this font family I was able to reproduce the issue with only the Book Medium and Bold styles appearing in the font manager while Bold Oblique and Book Oblique are missing. I believe this is a bug and I've reported it to our development team so they can take a closer look! I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes and I'll be sure to let you know both via ticket and in this thread when I have an update to share. Please let me know if you have additional questions!