Skip to main content

I wish to create a script (Python etc.) that will allow me to iterate through BPMN tasks collect custom attribute from each in sequence (like TTE) and sum the TTE for a given branch. In the case of binary gateways recurse each branch getting times through the chart for each decision possibility. Hence being able to determine the shortest and longest routes based on decision branching. So if a completely linear process has 5 tasks each 60 min then the whole process should take 300 min. With a single branch one branch may take 450 min (short route process) and the other take 600 min (extended route process).

Please advise. Thanks

Alt approach - create a script to extract XML BPMN map and do the analysis offline.

Thanks

Hi John thank you for contributing to the Lucid Community! While there is not a way to programmatically create diagrams with Lucid's API you can request document contents from an existing (manually created diagram) for possible offline analysis. For more more information please review our Developers page and our API documentation.

Hi Richard thank you very much for your comment. It is most appreciated.

However I don't want to automate creation of a diagram. I wish to iterate through the objects of an existing manually created diagram and extract task header sequence and custom attributes. Alternately if I could export the diagram as XML I could accomplish this offline.

Thoughts? ideas? example code for this task?

Thanks again

Hi John thank you for getting back to me. You may find the document information you need with the Document Contents request in our API documentation. For details on the document information this request returns please see the Document Content resource.