Skip to main content

How do you turn on and off the blue guide lines. When I drag a shape on to the canvas and then drag another shape there are no dimension lines they have stopped displaying. I have turned the grid on and off turned guides on and off but cannot get them to come back on so that I can use these to align the shapes. For example in the Lucid help it says" When you drag a new object onto your canvas or move an existing object blue guide lines will automatically appear to help you align it to other objects. If the edge of the object lines up with another object’s edge dotted lines will appear between the two objects." these dotted blue lines with dimensions are no longer appearing in my diagram even with guides option selected turned on .

Hi Robert thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! I'm happy to help. These alignment indicator lines are separate functionality from the Grid and Guide tools and aren't something that can be disabled/enabled so I believe another issue is at play. Could you try opening your document in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility. Additionally can you please let me know if you experience this in all documents or only in a specific one?

If those steps don’t resolve the problem can you please send the following information via this secure form so I can take a closer look?

• A screenshot of the issue.

• The URL to your document.

• A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Hi Micha B

I have started a Chrome Incognito session I was prompted to re login to my employers network account with 2 factor ID as I'm working from home I then logged into Lucid chart and this has resolved the issue i.e. the dimension lines have returned while working in Chrome Incognito. I was experiencing this in all documents in the standard version of Chrome.

The issue still exists when logged in to my employers network account from home and using the standard version of chrome.  When I'm next in the physical office will test using the office network to see if the issues still exists when not using Incognito. As you have suggested it may be related to recent network security changes to my employers network as the functionality was working before at home and in the office.

Thanks Robert L

Hi Robert I'm glad to hear that using a Chrome Incognito window resolved the issue! This means that the problem likely stemmed from your cache and/or cookies in your regular browser. If you clear these in your regular browser I believe the issue will be resolved there as well and the dimension lines should appear normally. Please give this a try and let me know if it still persists!

Hi Micah B

Thankyou clearing the cache and cookies in the Chrome settings in the standard Chrome browser has resolved the issue and the dimension lines have returned and are functional.

Thanks again Robert L

Hi Robert thank you for reporting back - I'm glad to hear that these lines are working as expected again in your regular browser. Please reach out if there is anything else we can do to support your work!