Skip to main content

I’m getting billed for a Lucidchart subscription but when I log in it says I’m on a free plan and wants me to upgrade. Can someone help me figure out what’s going on?

Hi Clifford! Thanks for reaching out through the Lucid Community! I’m happy to help you with this. There are a few things that might be happening.

Occasionally we find that some Lucid Software customers have more than one account associated with different email addresses. To help us locate other possible account(s) please reach out to the billing team with a private support ticket here. Please be prepared to provide billing information in the private ticket such as the date of the most recent charge the amount of the most recent charge the last 4 digits of the card that was charged or the name associated with the PayPal account as this information will greatly expedite our ability to assist you.

Another possibility is that you may be trying to use paid features from a product for which you do not yet have a paid subscription. Sometimes folks get Lucidchart and Lucidspark mixed up. You can verify which product you are using by the logo and check which product(s) you have purchased by going to your Account Settings  > Plans & Billing section. You can easily add or cancel a subscription here as well by clicking the three-dot menu to the right of the correct product.

If both of these possibilities have been ruled out please reach out to the billing team with a support ticket here and we will be happy to track down the problem! 

Thank you!

I paid the subscription fee, why am I still being asked to upgrade and cannot use the paid features?

Hi @PaulPittman, thanks for continuing this thread! It looks like you have an active Lucidchart Individual subscription. Can you confirm that you a trying to use a Lucidchart feature, rather than a Lucidspark feature? Lucidspark has a separate subscription, which may be why you are receiving prompts to upgrade.

Can you please send a screenshot of the pop-up you are receiving?

When I open up the chart I am working on, it shows I am using Lucid Chart.  How do I change my plan to Lucid Spark?

Thanks for following up @PaulPittman! Just to confirm, you would like to be on a Lucidspark subscription, correct?

You can cancel your Lucidchart trial buy following the steps in our Cancel your plan article from the Lucid Help Center. Then you can click on the 3-dot menu in your Account Settings there, to activate a Lucidspark subscription. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

I figured out a solution over the weekend so let’s just leave it as is.   I appreciate your assistance though.

-PAUL-

@PaulPittman I’m glad you were able to find a solution! Please let me know if I can assist you further.