Skip to main content

In my LucidChart account settings under the Google Drive settings I linked to my Google account and I checked the box that says "Backup Weekly."  However I don't see where any backup file is being created.  Where should I be able to find this file?  Is there any way to configure the backup location and the day / time for backups to occur?

Hello Joe

Thanks for posting! If you automatically backup your documents you will find an LAF backup file in your Google Drive account every week. There is not a way currently to send the backups into a specific folder location or to set up a custom day and time for the backups to occur. However these are great ideas and I can see how they would add to the usability of this feature. Please add these ideas to our Feature Request Form and they will be sent on to our development team. Thank you!

Hello. Can we backup our complete LucidChart account (All diagrams from all our users) to Google Drive on a weekly basis?

Thank you

Hi Gerardo 

Thanks for posting in the community! With the G Suite integration you can require automatic backups of each user's files to their Google Drive account. Backups are stored as .laf files in each member's Google Drive and can be restored in their Lucid account at any time.

If you are an admin you can enforce weekly backups by choosing the App Integration tile from the Admin Panel selecting G Suite and then selecting the Google Drive Integration tab from the navigation bar on the left. Then you can enforce weekly backups (please see screenshot below). 

Thanks again for posting and I hope this helps!

Thank you Cydney for your prompt response.

Is there any other type of backup functionality besides the G Suite integration that will allow us to backup all diagrams in our LucidChart account?

Hi Gerardo 

Thanks again for posting in the community! Lucid offers a backup and restore feature (to Individual Team and Enterprise accounts) that allows you to save your Lucidchart files locally. For details on this feature please review this help center article

Thanks again for posting!

Thank you Cydney.