Skip to main content

Hello.  I'm having a problem with the Backup and Restore functionality.  

I have two accounts and need to move diagrams from one account to the second.  This is not a 'share' as I need an actual unassociated copy which the second account can use.  

I performed a backup from the first account and then restored that file into the second account.  It appears the files transferred ok into the second account BUT there was no folder structure carried across so I just have a 'pile' of docs in the 'Restore-YYYY-MM-DD' folder.  This is problematic on two counts. First the docs are carefully organised in folders and are now totally random so it would take ages to work out what are the docs I need to keep in the new account (I need to delete a bunch of folders I don't want in the second account). Second if I were just doing a restore because I'd lost stuff I'd be in exactly the same position; lots of docs but completely disorganised. How do I retain the folder structure below the Restore-YY-MM-DD folder. 

Thanks

Hi Richard thanks for the post. There's currently not a way to retain folder structure when using backup and restore. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

As a growing company we take our feature requests very seriously. We are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users and we pass that information directly to our product development team. Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.