Skip to main content
Solved

Azure DevOps integrated cards are all greyed out for editing

Hi, I’ve got a board with a bunch of ADO linked cards that has been working great but today when I’ve logged into Lucid to try and edit the cards the edit fields are all greyed out.  I can open the cards in ADO from Lucid and make the updates in ADO which do sync back but I can’t seem to make any edits in Lucid directly.  It was all working find last week.  I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting my Microsoft account but the problem persists.  Any idea’s what the problem might be? 

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Good morning! 

Is it possible that your document has been switched from Lucidspark to Lucidchart (using our fast product switching feature), and this is causing the issue with not being able to edit the cards? 

Badge +1

Hi Shantel, thanks for the response.  I’ve tried switching between spark and chart but I see the same problem in both, edit is all greyed out. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Popping in here to update you. I don’t have an answer yet, but I’m working to see if anyone knows what is happening. We made some changes recently that might be impacting you, but we are confirming first. Thank you for being patient! I will let you know as soon as I have more information, and resolution.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Ok after some digging, it’s not likely that this is being caused by any changes Lucid has made recently (but I’m not ruling that out completely yet).

It sounds like Microsoft has a unique way of authenticating accounts and this could be the cause here, possibly your Microsoft has mistakenly been auto-provisioned with another Microsoft account. To rule that out, we would suggest the following: Completely log out of Microsoft accounts, clear cache and cookies, go through the ADO auth again. I’m hoping this resolves the issue. Can you let me know if that works?

Badge +1

Hi Shantel, sorry for the delayed response.  I’ve been of ill for a few days.  I think I’ve done everything you’ve suggested above.  I unlinked my Microsoft integration from Lucid. Deleted the Lucid authorisation from my ADO account.  Cleared my Chrome browser history.  Logged back into Lucid and launched my board again.  Added a new ADO card.  Card added fine and appeared in ADO but when I try to edit this new card, or any of the old linked ones, they are still greyed out in Lucid and can only be edited directly in ADO.  Is there a step I’ve missed or got wrong?  

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Good afternoon,

Thank you for trying those steps. It’s unfortunate that they didn’t resolve the issue. One possibility is that you are still somehow connected to two (or more) Azure instances. You can check that by going to your Account Settings (by clicking on your user icon in the upper right hand corner of the home page), then to the left clicking on “Apps and Integrations”, and then under Azure you should see how many connected instances there are. 

Another suggestion was to completely uninstall the integration from the Marketplace page. You can do this by going to Integrations> Click the Lucidspark tab> Find Lucid Cards for Azure DevOps (or just do a search)> Click the listing> Click “Disconnect” in the top right of the listing. It’s part of my corporate account so I can’t disconnect mine, but the images below should give you an idea of what to do.

Let me know if that works! 

Badge +1

Hi Shantel, 

I’ve tried following these steps but I see something a bit different to your screen shot, am I looking in the right place? 

Badge +1

Also, I don’t seem to be able to disconnect from the Marketplace either… 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Good afternoon,

Yes, in this case, you will need your account admin to disconnect the integration and reconnect.

Badge

I am having the same problem. It was working previously and now is not. I was hoping to use this feature for some upcoming planning sessions. I’ve tried removing and adding my DevOps linkage, and it has not helped. I can create cards and even see updates from them which implies it is able to communicate. However, editing appears to be nonfunctional. Are there other suggestions or fixes in the works?

Badge

Thank you for trying the steps we’ve outlined! We are currently in beta for a new ADO app which is more stable and feature-rich than the current ADO app. We encourage you to connect to this beta, which should ensure you don’t run into these issues. 

I have outlined the steps to connect to the beta below:

1. Connect using the marketplace listing here
  2. Once you click “Connect,” you should be taken to a new page with the beta listing. Click “Link” on this page
  3. Open a Lucidspark board and scroll down the sidebar until you get to the "Azure DevOps Beta" app
  4. Click "Import Work Items" or "New Work Items". Then, you should see a popup requesting authorization for Azure DevOps. Click "Authorize”
  5. A new browser tab will open. In that tab, you may be able to authorize the app yourself or you may require Microsoft admin approval. This depends on your company's configuration of Azure

After going through this flow, you should be ready to get started on the beta! Please reply to this message if you have further questions.