Skip to main content

Hello there

I'm trying to create a large network diagram that shows or hides certain elements depending on the zoom level. The only solution I have found so far is to use hotspots and actions to toggle between layers manually by clicking on corresponding shapes. To test this I have implemented two layers to switch between; one showing more detail (like redundancies) and one giving a more extensive overview. It works fine but I'd like to improve upon this by automating the layer selection.

What I'm looking for is a way to create a conditional formatting rule (or some other gizmo) that takes the current zoom level as input and adjusts the layer visibility accordingly. Is that possible in lucidchart?

Thank you!

Hi Moritz thanks for posting in the Lucid community! Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart but I can certainly see how the option to toggle layers based on zoom level could be a useful feature!

We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.