Skip to main content

I have data of the form below where various splits are being made at various values in the fields that I would like to automatically create a process flow for with those values noted at the split.  I could manually do this but I'm looking for a tool that will read in a data file of desired layout and create a process flow.  Can I do that with Lucidchart?  Thanks!

Hi Gary

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! You can import a CSV to create a Process Diagram by going to File> Import Data. From the menu shown below select Process Diagram.

BHafIowUwLqIaGfwW8Fm-g.png

You will then be prompted to upload a CSV of your data. For information on the CSV requirements you can read this article from our Help Center or you can download the example CSV from this menu:

3CGlXdDr5ZKNxS6sCGDLHg.png

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks I will look into it and see what it can do!

Okay here is how my test came out.  Thought you might find this interesting.  Any thoughts?

I read in this Visio chart and it converted beautifully.  Then I exported it as CSV to see the desired layout so that I could determine if I can produce CSV files of the same type that Lucidchart could use to automatically create what is currently being done manually in Visio.  The exported CSV looked good.  Then I tested reading that CSV back into Lucidchart and got nothing close to what the Visio import looked like?

What Lucidchart produced from the CSV export of the Visio import.

Hey Gary 

Thank you for your response! Our CSV import for process diagrams is intended to build simple flowchart processes-- it looks like your diagram is somewhat complex. In addition this method of import is currently an experimental feature and some functionalities may not work as expected. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.  This is what I expected but wanted to confirm.  You have a nice product.  Perhaps in time it will be able to support this type of need.

Regards

Gary

Hey Gary 

Thank you for your response! Our CSV import for process diagrams is intended to build simple flowchart processes-- it looks like your diagram is somewhat complex. In addition this method of import is currently an experimental feature and some functionalities may not work as expected. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hi Liz, Is there any updates that will allow users to import data and create complex or more detailed process diagrams?

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!