Skip to main content

How can we just affect selected shapes when applying auto layout?  I even tried layers, and that doesnt isolate the shapes.  Seams odd that this auto layout doesnt respected selected shapes, if there are some

Hi @BGGG, thank you for posting in the community! Just to confirm, are you using the Auto Layout option found in the ‘Arrange’ menu? If possible, could you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing so I can take a closer look on my end?

In the meantime, if there are any objects that you don’t want to change, I recommend using the lock feature to lock the objects to prevent accidental edits and changes. 

Thanks in advance for your help. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Yes I am. I would expect that to apply to any shapes selected only and if none selected the entire document. This seems like a bug to me. 

Hi @BGGG, thank you for confirming that! I checked with our development team and they confirmed that currently, the Grid option will only affect objects that you have selected. 

The Hierarchy option will include shapes, their containers, and lines connecting those shapes to arrange it so that objects/lines do not overlap. This will also bring any unselected shapes over to the layout so that they are accounted for. However, I can certainly see how may be confusing and have reported it to the development team for further investigation. 

In the meantime, I would recommend using the lock feature to lock the size and position of any objects you don’t wish to move. The locked objects will not be affected by ‘Auto Layout’. 

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions!