Skip to main content

I have imported some svg shapes and I am able to change the color and the size if I use the slider. But if I want to make them all conform in height I can't lock the aspect ration when I manually enter the height. It just doesn't work. It toggles between blue and black but the width remains the same as I change the height regardless of which color the lock icon is.

Hi Julie 

Thanks for reaching out in the Lucidchart Community and reporting this issue! I was able to reproduce the trouble and have escalated this to our development team. I will turn this post into a support ticket so we can keep in contact. Please let me know if you have any further questions! 

If anyone else is in this situation reply to this thread.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue it may be because sometimes we surround SVGs in groups when importing them into Lucidchart. This means that you should be able to lock the aspect ratio of your SVGs by entering the group editing mode. To do so follow these steps:

1. Right click on the SVG and select "Edit Group" from the drop-down menu OR double-click on the SVG. 

2. Click on the shape again.

3. Click on the shape options menu of the properties bar >  Click the padlock icon > Padlock turns blue. 

This should lock the aspect ratio of that specific SVG so that toggling the arrows to adjust the shape’s width reflects on the height and vice-versa.