Skip to main content

When using data to produce shapes within smart containers - is there any way I can configure the order other than the shapes being arranged alphabetically by content?

E.g. I have three smart containers which signifies the project STATUS (Issues Delay and On Time). However I want the shapes created from the data upload to be arranged in each 3 containers by the priority HIGH MEDIMUM and LOW in that specific order. However the arrangement is always in alphabetical order only - the closest I can get the arrangement is HIGH LOW MEDIUM - not exactly how I want this to be presented. Can this setting be modified in any way (e.g. using conditional formatting or other shape setting)?      

Hi Leon

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Smart containers will sort alphabetically by default but can be dragged to a custom position if you so choose. Unfortunately it is not possible to have smart containers automatically sort by another data attribute. 

However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and our integrations and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can be better for you and your workflow.